The Coronavirus pandemic has changed the way we all interact. Sally’s primary goal is the safety and health of our customers and driving instructors. We are following UK Government guidelines and ask that you do the same to help keep you, us and all our families safe and well.
As a precaution, we expect instructors and pupils to abide by the UK Government guidelines, including the following basic points:
- Not attend your lesson if you are showing COVID-19 symptoms
- Notify your Driving Instructor immediately if you or anyone you live with shows COVID-19 symptoms
- Not attend lessons if you should be isolating, for instance if you have been outside of the UK
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser before entering the car
- Wear a mask when in the car if safe to do so
- Our Instructors recommend you bring a clean towel to cover the car seat
- Keep up-to-date with UK Government guidelines
- Wash or sanitise hands between each lesson, after touching face or eating
- Sanitise all frequent contact surfaces between each user, including steering wheel, gear lever, handbrake, mirror controls, door handles etc.
- Allow only the instructor and pupil in the car
- Maintain good ventilation by opening windows
- Instructor and pupil to exit the car for a few minutes when reviewing or pausing the lesson and at least once every hour
- Postpone lessons for two weeks if we have been in contact with or are are showing symtoms of COVID-19
For more information see the following external UK Government links:
- Gov.uk: Driving Theory Tests
- Gov.uk: Driving Tests
- Gov.uk: COVID-19 Guidance – Private cars and other vehicles
If you still have questions regarding this guide, please talk to your Driving Instructor or Contact Us directly.