If you are looking for Driving Instructor Training, then we are looking for you! Sally’s Driving School gives all their Trainee Driving Instructors the opportunity to earn and learn without paying any franchise fees.
On this page:
Contact us for a no obligation chat about what we can do for you!
Call us on 0800 0850 849 or send us a message…
Sally’s flexible one-to-one Driving Instructor Training Courses allow you to learn and qualify at a pace to suit your needs. Fit your training around your existing commitments. As a Trainee Driving Instructor you can take charge of your own diary with flexible working hours based on the reward you are looking to achieve. Sally’s Driving Instructors have a great deal of flexibility allowing them to choose work around family and social commitments. The choice is yours!
No experience or qualification as a driving instructor is required to become a Trainee Driving Instructor with Sally’s School of Motoring. We don’t tie you in to Sally’s Driving School when you qualify. You have the freedom to choose self-employment, join another school or continue with Sally’s.
- Flexible Pay-As-You-Go training
- Flexible working hours
- Pay as you learn
- One-to-One in car tuition
- FREE franchise for PDIs (Trainee Driving Instructors)
- No Driving Instructor experience necessary
- Use of our vehicles for training and test purposes
- Choice of discounted driving instructor franchise rates to help build your pupil base
Before you start your driving instructor training course certain criteria have to be met. You will also need to obtain a Criminal Records Check often referred to as a CRB check or DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
How to become a Driving Instructor - Gov.UK
At Sally’s, we are excited to offer flexible Driving Instructor Training courses on an affordable Pay-As-You-Go basis. We know the cost of instructor training can discourage people who might be ideally suited to the job. That’s why we have introduced a PAYG scheme to ease the burden. Put simply, you spread the cost of your tuition throughout the time it takes you to qualify. You pay only for what you need.
Take your Driving Instructor Training Course with Sally’s. Get affordable, easily managed one-to-one training with no ties. Free Trainee Franchise options available.
Your road to success starts with Sally’s Driving Instructor Training Courses.
There are three tests to pass before you become a qualified driving instructor. Sally’s Instructor Training Course will prepare you for each of the three tests needed to become an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).
- Stage One – Theory test (multiple choice exam & hazard perception test)
- Stage Two – The Driving Test
This is a practical skills driving test.
The test can be taken at most local driving test centres with the help of your Sally’s Instructor Trainer.
- Stage Three – The Instructional Ability Test
Checks your ability to carry out a risk assessment and teach driving skills to the national standard.
There are two ways of completing this part:
- Take and pass the Part 3 exam, or
- Become a trainee instructor to gain more experience with Sally’s School of Motoring as your mentor.
This requires you to complete the DVSA legal requirement of 40 hours training allowing you to apply for a trainee licence.
This gives you the option to earn and learn.
Trainee licence holders are eligible for a Free Sally’s Driving Instructor Franchise.
- Can I train to be a driving instructor in my local area?
Yes, Sally’s can provide Driving Instructor Training and instructor development at a place near to you in the Somerset area.
- Are there any hidden costs in the instructor training course with Sally’s?
No, but all exam and licence fees are payable by the student.
- Will the driving instructor training course fit around my work or family commitments?
Yes, your Instructor Trainer will take into consideration your existing job or family commitments.
- Can I train on a Saturday or Sunday?
Yes, If necessary, your driving instructor trainer can arrange training on a Saturday or Sunday.
- What happens if I fail one of the 3 qualifying exams?
Gov.uk: Part 1 Test Results Gov.uk: Part 2 Test Results Gov.uk: Part 3 Test Results
- Can I work for myself when I have qualified as a Driving Instructor?
- Can I join Sally’s as a Trainee or Newly Qualified Driving Instructor?
Yes of course! We’d love to have you on board.
We have worked together during your Driving Instructor Training which is a great foundation for a good working relationship.
Newly Qualified Driving Instructors can benefit from Sally’s Driving Instructor Franchise Options
- Do I have to start work as soon as I qualify?
No, it is up to you.
Some newly qualified instructors slowly build up their driving instructor work around their existing commitments.
We will work with you to build your new client base.